Breast Cancer Care WA has hosted a number of free online webcasts for people diagnosed with breast cancer. These webcasts are developed to provide relevant content from expert health professionals and trusted advisers for you to watch online from your computer, laptop or tablet at a time convenient for you.
2022 Breast Cancer Webinars
- Complementary and Integrative Therapies webinar
- Chandrika Gibson, Project Coordinator – Research, Evaluation and Project Development, and Melanie Rowley, Metastatic Breast Care Nurse, discuss the pros and cons of many commonly used therapies.
- Managing Menopausal Symptoms; The Role of Complementary Therapies
- Chandrika Gibson, Project Coordinator – Research, Evaluation and Project Development, and Melanie Rowley, Metastatic Breast Care Nurse, discuss influence of hormones on different types of breast cancer, the effects of hormone-blocking treatments, and the experience of induced menopause and how complementary therapies can help manage symptoms of induced menopause, including for women with metastatic breast cancer.
Breast cancer, menopause and women’s health
- Menopause, cancer-related treatment and the effect on sexuality.
- Clinical Sexologist Helena Green discussed how menopause and cancer related treatment can affect sexuality and how to reduce the impact of this on relationships.
- Medical management of menopausal symptoms
- Dr Lesley Ramage, Women’s Health GP, will discussed the medical options for the treatment of menopausal symptoms and what support is available for women.
- Psychological support and self-care for menopausal symptoms.
- Associate Professor Lesley Stafford, Clinical Psychologist specialising in breast and gynaecological cancer discussed the psychological support and self-care options for dealing with menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.
- Role of women’s health physiotherapist in sexual and menopausal health.
- Dr Judith Thompson, world-leading expert in continence and women’s health physiotherapy discussed how physiotherapists who specialise in women’s health can assist with women’s sexual and menopausal health.
2021 Metastatic Breast Cancer Seminar
- Metastatic Breast Cancer – Managing the side effects of treatment
- Caitlin Broderick, Nurse Practitioner in Medical Oncology at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital shares a wealth of knowledge about side effects you may expect from treatment and what you can do to mitigate those side effects.
- Taking Control – When it’s useful to consider palliative care and advanced care planning
- Lana Glogowski, CEO of Palliative Care WA gives an interactive presentation on why and how to have advanced care plans in place early. She also discusses palliative care, it’s benefits and breaks down some of the barriers people have about accepting palliative care.
- Medicinal Cannabis – Your questions answered
- Barb Fullerton, National Education Manager with Little Green Pharma, explains the science behind medicinal cannabis, the benefits of use and how it is supplied. Little Green Pharma is the first company to provide Australian grown and manufactured medicinal cannabis.
- Mindful self compassion and anticpatory grief.
- Krystyna Glinski, Clinical Psychologist at Fiona Stanley Hospital Breast Centre talks about the benefits of mindfulness and takes us through a number of mindfulness practices. She also talks about anticipatory grief, which is the grief that occurs before an impending loss.
Other great educational webcasts and podcasts can be found on the Breast Cancer Network Australia website.