- This event has passed.
Advanced Health Care Planning
November 3, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on November 10, 2022 at 10:00 am
We don’t like to think that we will die, but the reality is that we will, and just as we plan for other important events in our lives it makes sense to have a plan for this time of your life as well.
It’s more than just completing the right legal paperwork. The author Irvin Yalom describes thinking about death as akin to ‘staring at the sun’, something we naturally find uncomfortable and can’t look directly at.
This workshop runs over 2 mornings (3rd & 10 November) and involves:
- Exploring your values and thinking about what you do and don’t want
- Having conversations with the important people in your life
- Getting the medical care you want
- Avoiding unnecessary suffering and relieve caregivers of decision making burdens during moments of crisis or grief
- Reducing confusion, disagreement and stress about the choices you would want your loved ones to make on your behalf
- Learning how to live well so you can die well
- When asked, most people have clear preferences for the care they want at the end of their life, yet rarely do we have open, systematic conversations that lead to effective End of Life Care plans
Places are limited so please register your interest by email at email@example.com or by phone on 9324 3703.