For Information about breast cancer, treatment options and online support
- Cancer Australia works to reduce the impact of cancer and improve the well being of those diagnosed by ensuring that evidence informs cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and supportive care
- Breast Cancer Network of Australia provides free information resources, including the My Journey Kit, which is a comprehensive information resource for women newly diagnosed with breast cancer and the Hope & Hurdles Pack for women with secondary breast cancer.
- National Breast Cancer Foundation raise money for research into the prevention and cure of breast cancer.
- BreastScreen WA provides free mammogram screening to women over 50 every two years
- Menopausal Symptoms after Cancer Clinic. For information about menopause occurring as a result of treatment for cancer contact 9340 1355
- The Silver Chain Association of WA For home care and nursing care assistance contact 1300 650 803 (24 hour number)
- Virtual Medical Center Australia's leading source for trustworthy health and medical information written by doctors. Learn about breast cancer causes, diagnosis, treatment, diet, management, prevention and view 3D animations
- Cosmetic tattooing. Following breast reconstruction surgery some women like to have the area around the reconstructed nipple coloured, which can be done by cosmetic tattooing. www.permanentmakeup.com.au
- www.breastcancer.org provides reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer.
- EViQ is a point of care clinical information resource that provides health professionals with current evidence based, peer reviewed, best practice cancer treatment protocols and information.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center — the world's oldest and largest private cancer center.
For information about local services for cancer in general
Online support and information
If you can’t make it to a support group, but feel you would benefit from talking to other women living with breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Click
Breast Cancer Network Australia online network
Aussie Breast Cancer Forum
Healthdirect Australia provides a range of services that can help Australians in managing their health, from practical advice and resources, to help finding support services including:
- access to a 24/7 advice and triage phone service
- information on managing conditions and diseases
- general advice on health and wellbeing
- a clinically approved online symptom checker
- a searchable database of every approved medicine available in Australia
- a health directory of nearest doctors, pharmacies, hospitals and other services
Can't understand medical terminology?
Breast Cancer Glossary of Medical Terms
Consumer advocacy and information
The Health Consumers' Council is an independent community based organisation, representing the consumers' voice in health policy, planning, research and service delivery
International not-for-profit network of young breast cancer survivors and supporters