Frequently asked questions
Who can volunteer for Breast Cancer Care WA?
Anyone who is reliable, committed and communicative! If you support our cause and you want to help – we have lots of opportunities available in our Volunteering Program!
What skills and experience do you need?
In general, volunteers need to be enthusiastic, able to follow instructions easily, able to work as part of a team and above all, caring and willing to help others. For some specific roles, particular qualifications/certificates may be required e.g. Transport volunteers will need vehicle insurance and a valid driver’s license, and an RSA certificate is required for bartending volunteers.
Do I need a police clearance?
Yes. If you already have a police clearance then please provide a copy to the Volunteering Coordinator. If you do not have one, we can organise a volunteer police clearance for you, so that you can start to volunteer with us as soon as possible.
What training and support will you receive?
Ongoing volunteers involved with our practical assistance program will receive an induction and work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator and services team.
Event and fundraising volunteers will receive notification of upcoming events and will receive an orientation at the start of each event to introduce you to the organisation and provide you with a detailed purpose and background of the event.
A Volunteer Handbook is also provided.
Can I volunteer if I’m under 18?
You can volunteer if you are aged 15 to 70 years; for our Long Table Lunch event, due to alcohol licencing restrictions, only volunteers 18+ can help out. If you are unsure as to whether you can volunteer for an event, contact us on (08) 9324 3703 or email@example.com.
What are our expectations of you?
- To represent Breast Cancer Care WA in a polite and professional manner at all times
- To be reliable, efficient, and punctual
- To maintain confidentiality
- To take reasonable care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be involved in your activities while volunteering
- To respect other volunteers and paid staff, and to promote a pleasant and friendly environment
What we can offer you?
- Recognition as a valued member of our organisation
- An opportunity to support your community and make a difference
- Out-of-pocket expenses can be reimbursed with prior approval
- Ongoing support from your Volunteer Coordinator
- Avenues for feedback and suggestions
Not answered your question? Contact us on 9324 3703 or firstname.lastname@example.org