A movie night is an excellent FUNdraising idea
Whether it is held in the summer under the stars or any time during the year at a local cinema, it is a great way to involve various audiences with a family friendly, adult only or themed movie.
Some of our supporters have held very successful fundraising movie nights. Touching on their experience, we are pleased to provide below a step by step guide to help you plan your movie night.
Prior to starting your movie night, please download and review our Community Fundraising Guidelines.
1. Review upcoming movies and dates. The following two sites will assist you:
** Note: plan ahead as much as possible to provide yourself with enough time to invite your guests, obtain sponsors and produce printed material. Look at choosing a date before the film is open to the public.
2. Select a venue
Approach local cinemas for a group booking of discounted tickets and don't forget to advise them that you are fundraising for Breast Cancer Care WA.
155 Oxford Street, Leederville
Phone 9444 4056
164 James Street, Northbridge
Phone 9227 1771
Ace Cinemas, Midland, Rockingham or Subiaco
Contact: Dorothy. Group Booking Coordinator
Phone: 9250 9501
Event Cinemas (Vmax, gold class or a traditional cinema auditorium)
3. Finalise your film choice and book the venue.
4. Prepare your budget so that you know exactly what you want to achieve and then you can work on how you are going to achieve your goal.
5. Determine how you are going to sell tickets.
- There are on line ticket sales websites like www.eventarc.com but they do charge a processing fee but the upside is that people are committed to their tickets.
- Our recommendation would be that you do not provide refunds and detail this information in your terms and conditions.
6. Develop an invitation list.
- This will help you to determine whether you will have the capacity to hold an exclusive event by filling an entire cinema. Make sure you confirm the guest numbers with the cinema by their deadline.
- Include the details of people will be receiving complimentary tickets?
7. Set ticket price and determine what the tickets will include
- Free glass of champagne on arrival
- Door prize
- Chocolate icecream, soft drink, popcorn and lolly bag
- Gift bag
- PLUS an opportunity to purchase raffle tickets, lucky dip prizes, bid in the silent auction and more beverages will be available to purchase.
8. Complete the community fundraising form provided by Breast Cancer Care WA.
9. Start preparing and designing promotional material (posters, invitations etc). Set yourself a deadline that these need to be completed.
10. Develop a list of contacts to target for cash sponsorship and gifts in kind. Please provide a copy of this list to Breast Cancer Care WA.
11. Develop sponsorship packages and outline the advertising exposure available for different levels of sponsorship. Ways to acknowledge sponsors support could include:
- Website promotion
- Printed material (posters, advertisements, program)
- Promotional brochure and merchandise in gift bags
- Banner display at event
- Advertisement on screen prior to movie commencement
- Complimentary tickets
- Advertisement in booklet provided to each guest
12. When all sponsors confirmed, finalise promotional material to include their logos as outlined in their individual proposals.
13. Develop additional fundraising ideas
- Lucky dip
- Wine and cheese
- Silent auction
- Live auction
- Breast Cancer Care WA merchandise
- Other stalls selling their produce but donating at least 60%
14. Start selling tickets.
15. Where Breast Cancer Care WA can support
- With a guest speaker.
- Promotion on our website.
- Promotion on our Facebook page.
- Promotion in our newsletter.
Send thank yous to prize sponsors and supporters.